Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
My passion and focus is on relationships.
Empathy, understanding and validation do not always come naturally to us, yet those are the things we need the most of, especially in relationships. I provide these skills to each of you in our sessions together. I also encourage and teach you to do the same for the people you are in relationships with. I am honest and direct, yet gentle in my approach with couples. I believe it is most helpful when negative communication patterns are called out as they happen in session. This allows you to work towards developing more effective communication skills and healthier patterns. I am in your corner and want to support you in your goals during therapy. My hope is that you and your partner can learn to manage conflict, form a deeper more fulfilling emotional connection, learn to have open communication in all areas of your relationship including sex, have kisses that last 6 seconds and laugh with each other daily.
My husband Charlie and I have been married for 10 years. Together we have three children who keep us very busy! I enjoy reading (when I am not chasing kids around), hiking, watching live music, cooking, playing games with my littles, and a good date night with Charlie! I believe working with couples is my calling and I am humbled daily that couples chose me to go on this journey with them.
Education and Training:
- B.A. in Psychology and a double minor in Family Relations and Child Development from California State University, Chico. (2002)
- M.A. in Counseling Psychology from National University in Carlsbad, Ca. (2010)
- Levels I, II and III training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy.
- I am currently on the certification track with The Gottman Institute. To learn more about The Gottman Institute click here.
- Bringing Baby Home and 7 Principles Gottman Educator
- Prepare-Enrich Facilitator for Pre-Marital couples.