Build a Strong Foundation
Congratulations on the Engagement!
For couples planning to get married, the time leading up to the wedding is a special time to plan for the future. Couples who choose to do Premarital Counseling have the opportunity to build a healthy foundation for a life-long healthy marriage. Together we will identify your strength and growth areas while improving communication and conflict resolution skills. As Marriage and Family Therapist, we will help couples in premarital counseling with the following:
- Assess family roles and the impact they have on the relationship
- Create healthy communication styles and resolve past issues
- Define boundaries and expectations
- Heal emotional injuries
- Resolve childhood wounds
- Tools for how to fight fair and resolve conflict
What to Expect – Premarital Counseling packages include the following:
- A customized couples assessment – This is an easy Prepare/Enrich assessment that is completed online. The inventory identifies your strength and growth areas as a couple.
- 8 weeks/9 feedback sessions – As trained Prepare/Enrich facilitators, we will help you as a couple to discuss and understand your results while teaching proven relationship skills.
More than 3 million couples have taken the Prepare/Enrich Program to date.
In addition to using the Prepare Enrich Program, Beth is also trained in Gottman Method Couples Therapy (GMCT). The focus of GMCT is to strengthen the foundation of the relationship through friendship and intimacy. Staying connected by practicing appreciation, affection and admiration on a daily basis. Managing conflict is easier when the relationship is in a positive perspective. Couples will also take about shared meaning systems and how to make each others and the couples life dreams come true.