Build a Strong Foundation
Congratulations on the Engagement!
For couples planning to get married, the time leading up to the wedding is a special time to plan for the future. Couples who choose to do Pre-Marital Therapy have the opportunity to build a healthy foundation. Leading to a happier, more loving and intimate marriage. Together we will identify your strength and growth areas while improving communication and conflict resolution skills. As Marriage and Family Therapist, we will help couples in pre-marital therapy with the following:
- Assess family roles and the impact they have on the relationship
- Create healthy communication styles and resolve past issues
- Define boundaries and expectations
- Heal emotional injuries
- Resolve and/or recognize childhood wounds
- Tools for how to fight fair and resolve conflict
What to Expect – Pre-marital Therapy packages include the following:
- 2 individual counseling sessions
- 6-8 joint couples therapy sessions
The focus of Pre-Marital Therapy is to strengthen the foundation of the relationship through friendship and intimacy. You will each learn ways to practice appreciation, affection and admiration on a daily basis. Managing conflict is easier when the relationship is experiencing more positive moments. We will also talk about shared meaning systems and check for alignment. Once you do pre-marital therapy you will more readily come in for couples counseling for a tune up in the future.
If you are interested in working with Beth, please click here to schedule a 15 min phone consult.