Re-connect, Re-build and Grow
Couples typically wait an average of 6 to 7 years from the time they first begin to notice any issue in the relationship and when they call a Therapist. This statistic is unfortunate because we see how much harder it is for couples to turn toward one another after so much time has past living in a very negative communication cycle.
If you answer yes to any of the questions below then Relationship Counseling is the right decision for you!
- Does your relationship need a tune up?
- Are you and your partner living like roommates instead of romantic partners and friends?
- Do you find that your fights come out of nowhere and they happen often?
- Is the humor in your relationship starting to fade or gone completely?
- Do you think that your partner speaks to you in a “tone”?
- Have you and your partner stopped working on the 3 A’s (appreciation, affection and admiration)?
- Is your sex life unsatisfying or non existent? Does talking about sex with your partner lead to fights?
- Do you spend more time with your handheld device then you spend with your partner?
- Are you living in denial and believe that things will just get better with time on their own?
Relationship Counseling will help you:
- Increase affection, respect and closeness
- Keep conflict discussion calm by communicating in a way that does not include an attack/defend pattern.
- Generate greater understanding between partners as you learn to listen to each others perspective and validate that perspective.
- Break through and resolve conflict when you feel stuck
- Manage the conflict and challenges a new baby brings
- Rebuild trust, respect and love after an affair
- Discuss sex: quality and quantity. As well as differences in desire
- Work through differences in parenting style
- Develop rituals of closeness and affection
- Give and respond to each others bids for connection by turning toward each other.
If you are noticing emotional disconnection and an inability to get through a conflict, then please reach out now, it could be what gets your marriage back on track. When couples are committed, dedicated and willing to put in the work necessary to begin healing and prioritizing the relationship, they will see improvements and begin to reclaim their friendship and fall in love all over again . It is never to late or to early to begin to work on your relationship.
Call us at Pacific Northwest Family Therapy 206-747-0817 for your free 15 minute phone consultation to see if couples counseling in Seattle, Wa is right for you.